Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Girl Needs her Daddy...

I love my Dad. Especially chats with him in the morning before my mom wakes up. Today I called him. Actually I called her. I needed to ask her a question regarding our Christmas Name Draw list that we do every year. Of course she was still sleeping. Who sleeps past 8:30? So during the course of our conversation, I got a lesson straight out of National Geographic. I got a complete play by play of a hawk attacking a defenseless little birdie (I say defenseless, my dad calls it nature). Poor wittle birdie was sittin there eatin some seed when WHAMMO! Out of no where, he is dive bombed by a huge hawk. The little bird gets caught in the net that their clematis vine grows up. He's stuck.

Now would you:

A. Take a broom out there and beat the shit out of that hawk
or
B. Watch the hawk peck the crap out of that little bird and see if he can get him out so you don't have to do it.

Which do you think my Dad chose to do? If you answered B. You are a lot like my Dad. Personally, I would have ran out there and chased Foghorn Leghorn out of my yard. Of course, then you would have probably seen something out of "The Birds" movie.

Instead I got to hear.... Ohhh! Ooooo! Ah! He got it! Now I don't have to go pick it out of the net. Nice Dad. lol. Then I got the play by play of where the hawk was flying to with his chicken dinner.

The moral to the story....

I am SO glad that my Dad is retired. Because had he been at work, he would have missed this opportunity to just sit and take in nature. Now my retirement would consist of palm trees and babbling brooks, but hey. Whatever works. I love my Dad and am just glad that he is here to enjoy this time that he's worked so hard for. For those of you that may want to ruin this with his "issues" don't even go there. It's Christmas for god sakes. Let me enjoy this moment.

I also got some incredible news today that is killing me to tell, but I'm not going to. I promised the person that told me that I would be like a vault. The secret is good with me. Once they let it out of the bag, you better bet I'm gonna be talking! I just wanted to leave you with a cliff hanger so that I'm not the only one going nuts here. lol.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Okay, I know what's in that vault. I can almost smell it! I'd bet money on it! Lots of money! The air is so thick with what I think it is, I could almost cut it with a knife!
    One thing I know it's not: The Putters are moving to a warmer climate. They could never leave South Fork and all of the little forklets!
    And nope, I'm not going to bring up "issues". But you know I am the in-house grammar fanatic. It's for God's sake, not for god sakes. Just couldn't let that one slip by. :>)

    ReplyDelete