Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy 9th Anniversary to Mark & Pattie!

Today I would like to wish my Brother Mark and his wife Pattie... my sister in law with whom I get along with incredibly well... (we would be friends even if they weren't married) a VERY Happy 9th Anniversary.

Mark & Pattie follow the traditional gift giving guide for their anniversaries. It is hilarious to hear their delimmas in finding the appropriate gifts. I believe this year was leather. It should be interesting! Pattie, if you read this, please post in the comments what you gave Mark and what he gave you.

For some odd reason, (probably operator error) I do not have a photo of them to post. Although.. the one that I did have, Mark probably would have killed me if I did post it. In the photo, he bears a VERY STRONG resemblence to Spike on Notting Hill. He's looking at her with swim goggles on and she has that "I MARRIED IT!" look on her face. It's priceless.

Happy Anniversary you two. We love you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Aw Shucks, on the comments. This year the traditional/modern gifts for 9th anniversary were, pottery, willow, and leather. Mark got me a new Lexus with leather, heated seats. I got him a lovely piece of Polish Pottery!
    Just kidding! Mark gave me a beautiful glass rooster. It is very colorful, and intricately made. He found it on Ebay. For those of you that don't know, I collect roosters/chickens, mainly from our travels. I love this rooster. Some of you will see it on Christmas.
    I broke the gift idea suggestions this year. I didn't feel it was a good idea for the pottery or willow. And for leather, everything in that category he didn't need. So I ended up getting him something he needed a LOT. I got him a grill light. We grill a lot and the lighting in the garage is terrible. He complains all of the time. So I went to the Weber website and found a light that attaches to the handle on the grill lid. We haven't used it yet, but it sure looks like it will be a good one.
    Have no idea what the 10th anniversary gifts ideas are. Maybe Palm trees or Sand! A no-brainer there!

    ReplyDelete