Wednesday, December 06, 2006

And a word about the job...

I got a call today from the Medical Director of the Urgent Care. He spoke to the partners regarding my interview. During his schpeel, our doctor (Dr. Kotsonis) spoke up and told him that a second interview was not necessary. He apparently spoke very highly of me. I am so humbled, let me tell you. You know... all those years working in the ER was such a thankless job. Not that I was looking for the pat on the back, but I was so sick of getting my face ripped off left and right by the patients. I understand they are not feeling well, or maybe they are missing an appendage, but what the hell. I wouldn't go into anyone else's job and rip their faces off.... that is unless they are writing nasty things on adoption slips at Petsmart, lol.

So I went to work, day after day, year after year, and besides evaluations, you aren't too sure how impressed anyone is with the job you are doing. For this person... a doctor nonetheless, to say the things he said, makes me feel just so humbled. I am so shocked that after all that time, someone did take notice of the job I was doing and it has paid off. I am so thankful. All I ever wanted to do was take good care of patients and provide a warm and gentle touch while caring for them. Whether they were snapping my face off or not.

So I am very excited to say that I have accepted the position. I was told they were expecting the keys by December 1, but here it is the 6th and I had not heard anything until earlier today. Apparently they still do not have the keys to the facility and are now looking at the second week of January. So at this moment, that is my start date. I am quite relieved that I don't have to work Christmas. For the first time in quite a while, Dennis finally has Christmas Eve off, which is the day my side of the family celebrates it. I was thinking... how bad would that suck that I now have to work on the day that he finally got off... after all this time.

I am quite relieved. Now I just have to do a couple things to the laptop to get it going with the things I want. I'm actually standing in my kitchen with it on the counter, typing this. How cool is it to be wireless?!

V

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 PM

    What ER did you work at? How long were you there? Won't this be the same work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked at Beaumont Troy, and Crittenton, both in the ER for about... 10 years. This isn't exactly the same type of work. A lot of people go to the ER for things that they should be going to a doctor for. They by pass the Urgent care's all together, because they have this thinking that it will be "quicker" if they go to the ER. That's why it takes so long when people are in the ER. There aren't a lot of emergent cases in there, and it still takes time for all of those people to be seen and treated. If people used the system the way it is designed, the ER would probably be much quicker. But that's just my .02 cents.

    I am interested to see what kind of clientele the Urgent Care has, because during my interview I was told that they are sparing NO expenses, as they want to appeal to the upscale community which is nearby. I have to laugh because I live nearby and am looking to see where that community is. Regardless, it is beautiful. I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy working there. I could ride my bike to work, or even walk!

    ReplyDelete