Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's been One Week!

What a funny week this is turning out to be. So last week it took me two attempts at the post office to mail a box to Mike and Mary Ann in Greece. The first attempt had me standing in line out the door. So the next day Beaudreaux and I went as soon as they opened. We mailed it and Mike called today to say they got it. ONE WEEK! Unbelievable. I used to think that the USPS was like the cadillac of shipping mechanisms, but lately with all my ebay stuff going on, I've found that they are the cheapest, most easy to use and very quick. One week to Greece. I'm so floored.

So guess who showed up today... The UPS dude with the Dell computer that I ordered, that they lost, that I told them where to stick it for losing my order. Yep. Two boxes, Printer and Laptop. I kindly explained the situation to the guy, and he said I have every right to refuse the order and I did. Felt so good. It is a sign... I won't be dealing with Dell... ever. The HP should be arriving any day now. I'm tracking it. It's loaded with cool stuff and also had a free printer. Plus it was cheaper than the Dell would have been, since they cancelled my order and wouldn't honor their own deal for Black Friday. I still think this is funny how that all worked out.

I still haven't heard back from the urgent care and am getting anxious. Watch, I'll get the damn job and they will mandatory me to work Christmas. Please start sending good Karma this way. So far, it's all been good.

Gotta run. Tonight we're trying out Passport Pizza. We're desperately trying to find a great pizza joint around here that isn't like eating cardboard, or super zesty sauce!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:40 AM

    I had a great experience with USPS on Monday. I did it all online....printed a mailing label, paid for it, arranged a free package pick up. It was great! What an easy way to ship.

    ReplyDelete