Thursday, June 21, 2007

Our Host's...

This is my brother Mike. Mike looovvveessss Better Made Potato Chips, which he can't get anywhere else but in Michigan... that is unless he orders them off the internet. Mike is the split image of my dad. He looks like him, talks like him, walks like him, has a short temper like him. I laugh when I watch him, because I've never seen a resemblance like it.

This is Mary Ann... my new (as of October) Sister-in-law. Mary Ann, like Mike was a chief in the Navy, however she retired this past January before they left Greece. Mary Ann has two daughters... Rachel, pictured below, and Jessica, who lives with her dad in Seattle. She gave me an awesome recipe for chocolate - peanut butter balls, which we made twice, and a vanilla - strawberry pudding which I am craving on a regular basis.


This is Rachel. Rachel is a licensed cosmetologist. She is 21. She is currently looking for a job here in South Carolina. Since being here, she has cut Greg's hair, Emily's hair twice (because after the first cut, we decided we wanted something sassier, and trendier), dyed my hair... and I dyed her hair. (It rained A LOT yesterday). She is a lot of fun.

Where are we?...

We're on Lady's Island . We are just north of Hilton Head Island, and about 1 hour from Savannah, GA, which we will be visiting today. I am hopeful for a Paula Deen sighting. I love that woman. She reminds me of my deceased Grandma. When I watch her, I am reminded of good things, and how awesome it is to be an American... even if there is a jackass running the country. Even if just watching her on Food Network makes my arteries slam shut... I like her anyway.

I love going on vacation. It makes you appreciate things that you take for granted. I want to call my sister in law, Pattie and wish her well. I want to do lunch with a country bumpkin friend. I am looking forward to Milford Memories with Mel in August. I'm itching to go scrapping with the Road Runner and friend in July. I'm also thinking of Fourth of July. Although I have to work, how fun would it be to have a bar-b-que.

I am inspired... my wheels are turning.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 PM

    Well wishes for your sister-in-law on the 21st. Hmmm, word has it, she had her "stuff" done on the 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Can't wait for you all to land back in MI. And lunch sounds fantastic (I assume I'm the bumkin)

    So glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pattie, I knew you had your stuff done on the 20th, but I was thinking about you all week. I wanted to call you regardless of the day, but a HUGE thank you to Nextel, I didn't have service for most of the time we were there, unless we went onto the mainland.

    Katrina, YOU ARE THE BUMPKIN!

    ReplyDelete