Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Feeling Patriotic...

Although I have threatened to move do Canada while GWB is in office, I must admit... I love living here. With every vacation, I find myself very appreciative of Michigan. We have no hurricanes, no earthquakes (well none that I can remember), no MAJOR storms. We have pleasant atmosphere most of the time. We have lakes at every turn. The humidity while it can get high, is for the most part, relatively tolerable.

As I get older, I find that I am more appreciative of the little things. I LOVE small town America. I could totally live in a town like Cedar Falls (where Julia Roberts moves to when she leaves her abusive husband in Sleeping With The Enemy). What a cool town that would be. Huge trees lining the streets. Sidewalks, where the kids can play. Quaint little stores to peruse. I am feeling quite patriotic lately. Thinking of festive recipes. Enjoying more slow time with my family. Dropping everything to do nothing with the kids. Last night, Emily and I laid in my bed, working on a Sudoku puzzle while watching Sleepless in Seattle for the gazillionth time. Definitely time well spent.

With that, remember to hang out your American flag. Be appreciative that you can walk into a store to pick up whatever your heart desires without worrying that the building will be leveled by some whack job extremist. Drop your chores at a moments notice and spend time with your family. They will take those memories with them for the rest of their lives... not a fresh load of laundry.

This post was brought to you by none other than the inspiration of this photo...

Namaste.

2 comments: