Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Steaming Hot Cup of....

The Starbucks Barista arrived on Monday. THANK YOU Mr. UPS man... for venturing down my knee high, snow covered street.

Since I bought this on Ebay, I was waiting to see what condition it arrived in, before I left feedback. I opened the box, and there it was - packaged better than anything I have EVER received on Ebay before. I pulled it out, set it on the counter, and started removing all of the utensils from the box.

I can't believe I own an espresso machine.

Because it was used once by the previous owner, I thought it necessary to thoroughly clean it, inside and out using Starbucks Descaler. It probably didn't need it, but I am not into other peoples funk.

Two days... It sat for 2 days as I walked by, looking at it.... stalking it.... intimidated by it. Ok, so one of those days I had to work.... but today... today was my day. I woke up with a date with the espresso machine. I bought all the fixings for a Caramel Macchiato or a Cinnamon Dolce Latte (which smells like a warm buttered cinnamon roll btw). Be advised that I drink 1% milk and most times, I get soy in my lattes, so I won't be porking out - more than I have. I have no intentions on making this a daily thing... but $4 per latte, 10x per month.... you do the math.

I followed the instructions and steamed the milk first. Note to self... buy earplugs. I got the milk to 160', then made my 2 shots of espresso. OMG... the color. The way it separated in the shot glasses. 3 PRECISE layers. 2 pumps o' Cinnamon Dolce into the cup. Next in when the shots. Then the milk. YUMMMMMMMMMMMY......

Then for kicks which I don't normally get on my latte's.... whipped cream BECAUSE PRESENTATION IS EVERYTHING. As the whipped cream slowly sank down into my cup... it all came together. I could barely stand it. I took a sip.... mmmmmmm warm melty whipped cream..... WONDERFUL.... Morning coffee just got SO much better..... and then I tasted it.....

My VERY first, Homemade Latte.... that tasted EXACTLY LIKE........................HOT MILK -YUK

Next time.... I won't use such a tall cup. lol.

BTW... the kids were eating breakfast, getting ready for school and screwing around the entire time I was at ONE with the machine.

4 comments:

  1. It's really hard to find the right mixture. If I get a latte at Starbucks I order a grande with an extra shot of espresso because I think theirs is too milky.

    You'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Triple Grande type gal huh? I usually do a Grande 2 pump(because the norm is too sweet), w/soy, and sometimes with whip, sometimes w/o. Depends on what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny!I am in complete jealousy as I sit here drinking my boring old regular coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy! Bite your tounge! Regular coffee is from God. That is what I drink 95% of the time and I enjoy it immensely.

    ReplyDelete