Thursday, December 20, 2007

Poll Time...

Inquiring minds want to know... do you like receiving Christmas letters in your cards? Today I opened up some of the most wonderful letters. From people that I haven't seen in YEARS!!! Wendi Gallagher... remember her? Great photo came from her along with the news of a new baby in March! And my cousin... his wife homeschools, and they lead a very interesting life. If their kids don't end up being nuclear physicists then something went haywire. They are into so much....

I am debating on doing a letter. There are a lot of people that have no idea what goes on here. But then I think of how boring it is here sometimes. zzzzzzzzzzz... But of course I could go through my blog archives over the past year and pull out the tidbits.

Your thoughts please... Oh and BTW... I'm a crafter. I LOVE paper and usually make my cards, but you know what... Hallmark won. I bought my cards last night because frankly my dear... I just don't have the time right now.

So vote now so I can figure out what to do, because if you know anything about me... I can't make a decision to save my life and by the time I make the decision... the time has run out.... as it did with what card I was going to "make" this year.

7 comments:

  1. I do like doing Christmas Cards and never really though much about doing a letter. It takes me long enough to do the actual cards so I don't think I need one more thing to do!!!

    I would love to be able to make my own...I think it adds such a personal touch but I am not what you would call crafty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:48 AM

    isn't it to late to do christmas cards?? Just save the ones you bought for next year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would it be too late? I thought we celebrated until New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And don't we start at Halloween???

    ReplyDelete
  5. The letter is a tough call. Most that we receive are so over the top braggy that it makes us gag.
    We did receive one a few years back that was absolutely hilarious and talked about the ups AND downs of their year - injuries and other funny moments. We did enjoy that one because it was REAL.

    I do try to take the time to write a small personal note in each of my Christmas cards, even if it's only a line or two. I think that adds just enough of a special touch.

    However, if I had the option of receiving a Christmas letter or a homemade card, the homemade card would win hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:25 AM

    If you feel like doing a letter than do a letter! Who cares what everyone else thinks :) If you have a lot of stuff you're itchin' to share, we would love to read about it.

    OH! and I do recommend SIGNING your cards - apparently a few of mine went out without signatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:45 PM

    Hi Val,

    Thanks for sharing your blog. I enjoyed reading current and past blogs and was particularly intereseted in responses to this question about Christmas letters - especially since I decided to send one this year. I hope it wasn't too braggy. I hope it was real. Most importantly, it was an effort to get back in touch with family and friends that we don't see or hear from often enough.

    Happy New Year!
    Sheryl (cousin!)

    ReplyDelete