Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bittersweet Ending

I'm ready, or at least I thought I was ready. I'm ready to dismantle the tree, and put all the decorations away. I already put away my Christmas dishes so the ball is rolling. I feel somewhat refreshed and renewed this time of year. I'm ready to watch HGTV to get some new ideas, and I am ready to declutter, and unload a lot of items. This is the time that I love to spring clean. Tonight as I sit and peruse my first issue of Martha Stewart Living, I noticed that the cover consists mainly of whites and yellows. As refreshing as a fresh cut lemon. I'm ready.

And then I had to go look to see what was recorded on the DVR. How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Charlie Brown Christmas. Suddenly I don't feel so eager to move on with things. It isn't even New Years yet and I'm suddenly so sad. I'm so sad that the culmunation leading up to that one glorious day is over. I'm so sad that once again it all has to come down for another three hundred and some odd days. I'm so sad that time is going by so fast and I feel like I'm stuck spinning in the wind. My children will never again be 8 and 6 at Christmas. I'm so sad that in the whirlwind of time, I never did get my Christmas cards out.

I thought I was ready. I really did... and I am, but I'm also sad too. It's a bittersweet ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment