Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Placemats and Towels...

Imagine my surprise when Dennis opened this birthday gift from the kids and I. I had ordered a floating pool cooler with cup holders in it for his Birthday. Bed Bath and Beyond made a mistake and sent placemats and towels for him. We were quite shocked... note to self... do not have anything ordered through mail gift wrapped.

Today I turned 29... for the seventh time. I awoke to fresh coffee, and a very easy morning. Dennis gave me a stellar gift! A gift card in a very large denomination to an upscale spa down the street. The kids backed it up with a gift card to my favorite store... Starbucks! My mom also made me a beautiful afgan for our living room. She's been knitting it for months! Emily commented that Nana must really love me because she's been working on it forever!

I spent the day in Mrs. Tash's Begindergarten class with Greg. We made wreaths out of hearts, had snacks, and played games. He was taken out of the Hot Potato game quickly because he wasn't paying attention.

For dinner, grilled steaks, fresh tomatos and mozarella in herbs and olive oil... Yummy!

It's been a great day. Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Happy 29th Birthday friend! I didn't know it Dennis' bday too. Happy Birthday Dennis.

    And I found the BB&B goof hilarious. I could just imagine the reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops sorry... Den's b-day is in July. I think that was either this past July or the one before that. Regardless, I was quite bummed out about that. He looked at me like I was nuts. He could see in to the box of blue towels and placemats, and I was sitting where I couldn't see exactly what was in the box. It was quite funny. We did get the pool cooler and let me tell you... it gets a lot of use!

    ReplyDelete