Friday, February 09, 2007

The Gods MUST be kidding... Rant to follow...

What I am about to state does not leave this blog. You will read it, be shocked right along with me and then will never discuss it again...

Yesterday was my first day at the new Macomb Prompt Care. I worked from 12 - 10 pm. Before I left, I told Dennis (and made him look at me with the hopes that he would be listening) that it is IMPERATIVE that the kids are IN BED by 8 PM. They have both been sick lately and they need their rest.

Before I go on... I must add that things are still very bizarre at the prompt care as the phone systems are going down, the computers are going down. Yesterday they lost power to the X ray room. These are NORMAL glitches that need to be worked out. So we all carry our cell phone's in our pockets. I just never had the opportunity to call home and let them know because we were steady with patients.

So I come home from work around 10:45ish. Emily is wide awake in my bed, next to Dennis. Here is the course of our conversation;

Me: "What is she doing in our bed?"
Mr. Disconnected: "I think she's trying to pull something"
Me: "Pull what"
Emily says crying, "My ear hurts"
Me: "When did this start?"
Emily: "When we went running around after school".
Me to Den: "Did you give her anything?"
Den: "I gave her Motrin at around 5:45"
Me: "We need to give her some Tylenol then".

So I go fumbling around looking for the Tylenol and notice that I can't find the Motrin. So I take the bottle of tylenol and ask him. "Is this what you gave her?"
He replies "Yes"

Well (this is the part in my mind that a bunch of expletives are starting to come out) Can you even imagine if I gave her the same thing that he already gave her? Now Tylenol you can give every 4 -6 hours. Motrin 6-8 They are completely different and processed in different places in your body. Had I given her on overdose, that would have just made it worse, although we were past the 4 hours from the Tylenol so I gave it again then called Mrs. Putter (my mom) for advice.

At 12:30 this morning after being awakened by the sound of Misses Sickly moaning in her bedroom, I bring her into my room. I tried rubbing her back, stroking her arm, and caressing her to take her mind off the pain. I start going over and over in my mind, "Please let her pain go away, please let her fall asleep." By 3:30 am I proudly announced to Mr. Disconnected that Emily needs to be seen in an ER, and he should take her because she and I shouldn't be in a parking lot at that hour. Plus I was so angry about him blowing off the perfect opportunity, to have one of the "more than qualified" doctors that I was working with, including our own freaking family physician look at her that I felt he should have to do this. I mean come on... He could have called my cell and even left a voice mail for me. But the thing is, I had my phone in my pocket, and instead of him leaving a message, I would have actually answered the call.

So at that hour, he and Emily trucked off to the ER. She has a nasty middle ear infection. On top of the cold she had S, M, and T of this week, the stomach flu she had on Wednesday and now this. OMG. Are the gods crazy?

I am very bitter with him at this moment and feel that it is better that he is at work, because I may just lose my mind with him. For some odd reason, I do not remember there being an "I" in TEAM!

This information does not leave this blog. You may comment if you wish, but do not call my house or email me going off about it. I don't need any salt in the wound with him. I will deal with him in my own time. K? K.

I would like to leave you with this... Normally Mr. Currently I'm Disconnected, is attentive to the needs of our family. I'm not sure what his deal is lately, but I assure you... it will be pointed out.

And that my friends is my .02 cents.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:12 AM

    Well OK, but before I leave any comment(s), just how safe is it to comment on this blog? I guess I'm thinking that Mr.D could read this blog very easily. Does he know about the blog, or have access to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dh never looks at the blog. Ever. He just doesn't have an interest. I used it this time as my "vent' forum.

    ReplyDelete