Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Details from the edge...

Saturday, February 3rd, Dennis and I went with Mike & Mary Ann to the 17th Annual Red Hot Night that Shelby Township Fire Department puts on every year. We had a wonderful time. Unfortunately we did not win anything, but the thought of more children being able to go to camp made us very happy. We are thinking that eventually when Emily and Greg are old enough, we will take them and volunteer at the camp.

Today Mike & Mary Ann left to go start their new life in Beaufort, South Carolina. Their departure is bittersweet. While we have had a great time with them, and will miss them very much, we know that they are eager to get on with their lives now that they are living back in the States. They have pretty much been in limbo since they were married in October. Now they are on their way "home" to close on their new house, and get back to work. Mike will be stationed in Beaufort, and Mary Ann is retiring from the Navy. She will be looking for other work. I am just envious that this week it will hit 67 degrees in Beaufort!

Macomb Prompt Care opened today. I worked in the practice which is behind the prompt care. MPC saw a grand total of ZERO patients all day, lol. Tomorrow the big sign is going to be put on the building, and the one out by the highway is going to be changed stating that it's open. Lucky for me, I don't have to work tomorrow, so I am going to use that day to get caught up on all of my homework. Things have been insanely crazy around here, and I have missed some English classes. I have a paper due in psych too. So as soon as Emily walks out the door for school, I am going to be VERY busy!

Well, I believe that is about it on this end. It just occurred to me moments ago that I haven't posted anything in a week. It's been very exhausting and I feel myself pulling back from many things. It is getting almost impossible to keep up with everything. Major life changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment