Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Large Dose of Good Karma

People are amazing. This past week has been extremely stressful for me. A lot has gone on in my personal life that is out of the ordinary. In all of the events that have occured, I received two non-material, but equally amazing gifts.

My Psychology professor gave me one of the greatest gifts. Since the beginning of the class, I have had a 350 word paper due every Monday. With Mike & Mary Ann here, and a new boss breathing down my neck, Greg's sinus infection, and now Emily with the stomach flu... my professor has voluntarily given me the opportunity to turn my paper in late without any deductions from the score. While I have been on top of my school work like you can't believe, I suddenly found myself drowning in everything that was happening... all at once. Words can not express how grateful I am for her generosity.

Secondly, my boss scared the crap out of me and had me thinking I would be canned if I didn't get in to train THIS WEEK (never mind that I was pretty much hired for this job last spring and could have ran the entire office by now with the amount of time I could have had to train).

Yesterday while I was in the office he gave me the second gift... Today off. Today I was able to take care of Emily the puker, finish the paper the way I wanted to, and do A LOT of laundry. Not to mention I took notice of how beautiful the sun was shining today. This day was an amazing gift and suddenly I am looking forward to all of the gifts Spring has to offer.... in a few months. But that's ok. In my mind, I'm already there.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment