Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Katrina is All Knowing...

I just KNOW she will love that title and will probably be on the horn telling me to delete this. She is the only gal I know that can find anything, and I mean ANYTHING on the Internet. Dawn once called me asking about a diet coke commercial jingle. There was a song that she and Vinnie wanted to download to iTunes. So I popped on to IM and asked Katrina. Whammo! Within seconds she had the name of the Title, Artist and where they can find it :o)

So this is what I found today. Katrina you will LOVE this...
I don't know if I posted it before, but for some odd reason, I accidentally over "fixed" our computer and I fixed myself right out of being able to use blogger. I could only access it from the laptop. So today while perusing Katrina's blog, I felt it necessary to post a comment to egg on her non-crafty friend. I posted my comment, then signed in as usual. For the past month I have not been able to sign in at all. Only on the laptop. Well suddenly I found myself able to sign in! Right on Katrina's blog! Well then I went back to my blog and found that the "sign in" carried over to my own! Then after a few clicks of trying things, here I am! I am so blown away that I'm back. There are lip prints all over my monitor. smooooch!

Now I can post pictures again without having do download them to 1 pc, then send them to another. What a PITA!

Something else happened today that I must share... Den and I have been talking about buying a new vacuum. The one we had, has been in my possession since..... (you better sit down) 1994? Dawn burst out laughing when she heard that. She's been through like 3 vacuums since she and Vinnie have been together for 4 long years.

So while we were tearing out the carpeting in the Living Room this past August, we found a lot and I mean A LOT of dirt under the carpet. BUT.... we don't know how long that carpeting has been there, so we just thought that "maybe" it was from the other owners or some odd reason. Now I know that there will always be some dirt that will fall through but I'm talking about enough to shovel out! It was nuts! Hello shopvac!

We have been talking about vacuums for a couple months. It's almost like buying a new dishwasher. Very pricey, and "what if" it's a pain in the hoo haa to use, what if it won't suck smoke out of the air (not that I plan on cooking any time soon), but you know... How do you know if you're getting a good one?

While we had another snow day today, the littles and I ventured out to Bed Bath and Beyond (site of the gift switcheroo from previous blog entry). I had a handy dandy 20% off coupon. I finally decided that I wanted to buy the Healthy Home Vac from I think Bissel. I just remember the Healthy home part. You know the commercial. Where the chic that almost looks like she's wearing turn out gear, thinks she's all that and can wipe out a dust ball in a fraction of a second. I decided on this one because of it's advantages with the our two boys, Booster and Pumpkin. You could make a new cat out of what falls off of them.

Picture us... Greg in the big part of the buggy playing with his newly acquired syringe from Daddy's fire department. His red hat that Nana made him on crooked. Emily swinging around a ceiling fan brush I decided we can't live without and me... looking at everything but the healthy home vac that they just don't have.

So I decided to pick something else so that I could still get my 20% off. I picked out the Hoover Savvy Vacuum. It has an attached hose, and lots of attachments that fit right on to the vacuum. I brought it home, put it together and vacuumed.... for 3 straight hours, lol. I was shocked and almost sick when I saw what it picked up out of my room and Greg's room. The canister was FULL and I was pissed! I can't believe that after all the years I have been using old faithful, he was slacking on the job! I emptied out the canister and then went to town on the hallway. I also dusted every piece of furniture in every room that the vacuum went into. When I say dusted, I mean, pulled out the hose and put on the little thingy.

The crap from the hallway carpeting was 2" thick in the canister! I put it in a ziplock bag to show Denny when he comes home tomorrow. 2" thick! I just vacuumed the fricken bedrooms and hallway last week! No wonder we're all congested, and sneezing. I am just blown away.

The moral to the story? If your vacuum is more than 5 years old and not cleaning well... It's time for a new one. You will be "floored" by what you're not picking up!

... I'm afraid to log off... what if I can't get on again? oh well.... click!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:28 PM

    I am a Leo so in no way will I encourage you to delete or change the title of this post! however, Google, in fact, is the all knowing. I would marry Google.


    And it's true about the vaccuum cleaners, especially with pets. They have such better technology now then they did when we were married. They actually suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:46 PM

    Well I have a vacuum that I have had since like 1976, and it wasn't new when I got it! It is a regular iron horse. It is a Ward's Signature brand, but actually made by Eureka. Every once in a while I get it serviced at a vacuum repair shop. The old guy who owns the place always tells me, "Don't get rid of this thing!" He says they don't make em like this anymore. When I do decide it is time to bury the old vacuum, I will buy a new vacuum from this shop. They carry new and refurbished vacuums. In my opinion, these are the places to buy from. They know what works well, and also how dependable the machines are. Even if you don't buy from there, they will tell you what works well, and what kind of repair history certain brands have. Also it is a good idea to check Comsumer's Reports before buying. I make this a must-do when making a substantial purchase.

    ReplyDelete