Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Murphys Law

Isn't Murphy's law a biatch? I swear, this house is sucking the life out of me. Ok, so I KNOW you all know about the dryer fire. Now that we have dropped a HUGE amount of quid on a new washer and dryer all should be fine in the land of Milobar, right? Right.

The refrigerator stopped working. We knew something was "about to happen" as last week, just days before I was throwing a surprise birthday party for Dennis here at the house... it decided to take a night off. I woke up to water all over the kitchen floor. At first I thought, Oh the hose for the drink dispenser must have split, no biggie, he can fix it when he gets up. Yeah right. Everything in the refrigerator was warm. Almost everything in the freezer was thawed.

So I'm trying to "remain" calm, and make it look like I'm calm, when inside I was totally freaking out. I had about 5o people coming HERE on SATURDAY for a surprise party, and the refrigerator stopped working. And the thing is... Its ONLY 7 years old!!! WTF!!!!!

Deeeeeeeeeeep cleansing breath. Innnnnnnnnnnnnn Outttttttttttttttttt.

So while we are trying to solve the mystery, the stupid thing turns itself back on. WTF!!!!!!!!! And it has ran ever since...... until today.

Picture it.... Sicily 1942.... lol. (LOVE the Golden Girls). No really. So Audrey and Randy are over. We were enjoying the cool air of the house, watching a Food Network marathon on TV. Suddenly there is this ROARING NOISE, that I swear to you, sounded like a crotch rocket motorcycle, throttling up RIGHT IN THE LIVING ROOM. Startled the shit out of all of us. WTF???

It was the refrigerator. It was so flipping loud, we couldn't hear how much butter Paula Deen was puttin in her concoction. So I pulled out the refridge (so proud of my strength as I had never done it before and this fridge is HUGE - next size up is a subzero). While goofing around back there, I managed to get it to stop squealing.

And shortly after... it stopped running. My BIL thinks the fan must have gone or a bearing some where went. Regardless, DENNIS IS AT WORK AGAIN... OF COURSE.

OMG, stick a fork in me. I'm done. And I SWEAR to you. If we have to purchase a new fricken refrigerator, we are getting the smallest, no name brand out there. I'm talking Magic Chef or Speed Queen. We are not prepared to buy a brand new refrigerator, as we want to remodel the kitchen soon. We have NO idea what we want to do to the kitchen, so buying a big fancy appliance right now is out of the question... and out of the kitchen.

Send good Karma... Sears is coming tomorrow to "look" at it. I can't wait for Milford Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment