Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thanks! I needed that!

Did you see??? My ticker at the top says 2 days till Tastefully Simple Nationals! And let me tell you... I was in a full panic up until today. You see... I wear scrubs. It's like wearing pajamas to work. I wear the same uniform, day in and day out, except the color changes from day to day. So all of my suits have always been "funeral" suits, and winter ones at that. For some odd reason, we were going to a lot of funerals during the winter.

So I needed a change. But how do you get that change when you have to cart frick and frack around with you? So after a casual chat with my mom, she offered to take them off my hands for the day. With that, I met her at 10:30 for the hand off. My parent's don't exactly live around the corner. They live on the edge of the country so to speak. And with gas prices the way they are... you get the picture.

At 10:30, I started my excursion. I went to this awesome area over at 23 Mile Road and Gratiot in Chesterfield Township. It proved to be my one stop shopping zone. First hit of the day... Dress Barn. I swear to you it was the scene right out of Pretty Woman. I had the manager of the store, and an associate helping me and I was there for an hour. With their help, I found EVERYTHING I needed, and it didn't break the bank! I went in there and told them what my plans were and that things had to be interchangeable. It was the best shopping experience I have had in YEARS. I plan to give them a huge kudos by writing to the company.

Next it was off to JcPenny, and then Famous Footwear. By 3:30, I had all of my shopping complete, with the exception of non-drowsy dramamine which Target did NOT have.

So to my mom I say, "Thanks! I needed that." It was such a relaxing, yet productive day. And now... I must go pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment