Monday, August 25, 2008

In Flo We Trust

So I haven't told you the news! I was able to switch over to Verizon before our trip! I got a sweet phone too. The Verizon Envy2. And.... because we had an impending trip, I got the plan w/ unlimited texting, internet, AND GPS Navigation! Only because of our trip.

So we were on the way to South Carolina and had the GPS set to our destination. We have never used a GPS before, so trusting it was something new. At one point we were told to turn on this one specific street, but at the last second it didn't seem right so we choose another direction. Instantly we knew we were screwed. And "Flo" knew it. "Please wait, you are not on a road" came through loud and clear. We were on this road that was creepy beyond belief! NO SHOULDER, and trees lining the street, right at the edge... and we had to turn around. Nice.

South Carolina has had so much rain from the hurricane, that turning around was quite a trip as I said, there were NO shoulders. Regardless, Dennis who constantly reminds me that he drives $350,000 vehicles for a living, had it all under control. We turned around, and got back on track. And "Flo" knew it.

"Continue 6.4 miles on S.C.21" she says and sure enough... she got us right to our hotel. Thank you Flo. We promise not to second guess you again.

3 comments:

  1. I just bought a GPS and I love it too! It has gotten us all over the state in the two weeks we have owned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:36 PM

    GPS is very cool. Welcome to Verizon! I wish I would have gone with the Envy. Went with a Pearl but it is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I would do without my handy dandy GPS. It has been a life saver out here on the East Coast!

    ReplyDelete