Thursday, August 07, 2008

Seasons Change

Poor Janet. I'm sure you read her Brett Favre post. Brett is now a Jett. When I asked Den this morning if this was a big deal, I suddenly could feel his eyes boring into the side of my head. He sarcastically replies, "I guess by looking at the line up on the side of the TV screen, should tell you how big this is. It all relates to the trade". I had to laugh, because that's how we roll.

Regardless, they were showing multiple clips of Brett, and the Packers playing in falling snow and sunny fall days.

I like football. I don't know much about it, but I do like to watch it occasionally. For me, football is freshly sharpened #2 pencils, freshly fallen leaves crunching under foot, carved pumpkins and halloween decorations. It all leads into my favorite time of year. Winter. I LOVE Winter... only until January 2nd though. lol. Of course then I love S.W. Florida.

Regardless, we are lucky. We get to experience absolute change. We get to experience the warm breezes of summer. We get to throw on a fleece and have the crisp fall mornings. We get to see the beauty of freshly fallen snow then the rebirth of spring. I know, there are the pitfalls of each season, but today... the air conditioning is off. The windows are open, and my glass is more than half full.

Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

  1. What an eloquent paragraph! I have come to realize that New Jersey does not quite have the seasons that Michigan does...I do miss fall & beginning of winter.We pretty much have summer & winter here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is a really good post, but I still can't get past the first paragraph. My Brett, gone to the darkside. Ugh, where's my Kleenex!!

    ReplyDelete