Friday, April 25, 2008

It is what it is...

My favorite saying.... but not right now. I am so freaking stressed out that I can barely stand my own skin.

It started yesterday... actually a few days before that.

I was talking with my friend "D" and heard they were having some issues with getting another car. We are coming out of a lease in June and are having the same issues. With that came a light bulb moment. What if we BOTH approach a salesman together and see if it works in our favor. So she had been doing a lot of leg work with Blue Water Chrysler up in Port Huron.

The salesman said he could meet our needs, and wanted me to bring our current vehicle up for them to appraise it as they may buy it outright from GMAC. So I gave her a bath, and made the 45 mile journey north. After test driving the new vehichle, and picking out the one we wanted, he lays it on me that the price is actually $100 MORE than the original quote, AND if we wanted to get to the price we requested, we had to put down $2,500.

90 miles - round trip - EXPENSIVE GAS - the need for a babysitter.... FOR NOTHING.

It is what it is. I was leaving it at that. Getting upset about it isn't going to do a thing for me. It's over, it's done with.

Then the day just got progressively better and better as my dear daughter came home from school bawling to the point of hyperventilating because of B***S**** with friends.

I couldn't wait to go to bed. I just couldn't wait to get the day over with.

Fast Forward to Today.....

I went with Greg on a field trip. I rode with another mom who is constantly jamming on the brakes to the point that I would give my beloved Starbucks card, for a large dose of Excederine or mass quantity of Motrin. I just couldn't wait to get the h*** out of the place, out of her car, and more so, OUT OF THE SCHOOL once we returned.

So on the way home, Greg and I are talking about the HUGE tree we bought on Earth Day. It was coming today and was being planted in the front yard, where they took out our HUGE Ash tree a few years ago. We pull down our street in anticipation... only to find the tree, LAYING in the front yard. Stakes, Dirt and materials tossed around it.

Apparently there is a HUGE tree root from the ash tree, running right through the center of where the tree is to go.

IT NO LONGER IS WHAT IT IS. Stick a fork in me.... I'm done. I haven't shed one tear, yet everything in my body is telling me to let'er rip. It wouldn't be so bad if it were like 60 out, but it isn't. It's almost 80 and the rootball is cooking in the sun. I did put the sprinkler on it and soaked it pretty good.

UPDATE... since writing this, I have had 3 phone calls, made a call, had another call... which was from my DH the hero. A tree guy is going to call me, and is coming to grind out the stump - cheap cheap! TODAY! THEN... the other tree guy is coming back tonight to give it another whirl with planting.

WHEW.... things are FINALLY looking up!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Glad things are going better. Always helpful to remember the discomfort is usually only temporary.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete