Friday, April 11, 2008

Exhausted!

Today was a HUGE day of "FIRSTS". Greg learned how to ride his 2 wheeler. He did great at it and caught on quite quickly. I told him the same thing I told Melanie... and hoped it would work for him too :o)

Today we went to Barrymores with the kids. Being that Emily and Dennis are both playing ball this year, we hit the batting cages. Then Greg went in. My eyes were big as baseballs, as I worried about him getting beamed with a ball. He did great! Then I went in...

Have you EVER been to the batting cages? It is an AWESOME place to take out your aggressions. I had a blast in the baseball cage. The softball, however, was equivalent to hitting a bowling ball that someone lobbed to you. Literally. It took everything I had to hit that stupid ball, and it was coming at me sooooooo s....l....o....w....l....y.

After that... the go carts. OMG. I used to wonder, "What's so big about NASCAR". Now I know. 1. the rush. 2. beating everyone on the track. 3. Holding that wheel so tight and only for a few laps. I can't even imagine doing that for hundreds of miles. About the time it was over, my shoulders were killing me. All the while, Emily wanted to chat about the "big storm" that was supposed to come in... that we NEVER got. As she's leisurely chatting, I am driving balls to the wall, to make sure the little punks in the other carts didn't pass us. I ended up telling her to stop talking, because I was too stressed out to carry on a conversation, lol.

We came in second place, and even passed up Dennis and Greg who started out BEHIND us! Wooohooooo! I knew those EMS driving classes would come in handy one day! And now... my bed is calling me. I am SO exhausted...

BTW, Katrina - I am now reading "The Secret". I started it tonight and almost half way through it! It's a very easy read and I'm having lots of "light bulb" moments.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I still remember you teaching me to ride my bike. Was that really us?

    I bet Greg is having a blast. Becca got up and going on hers last year and we could scarcely keep her off of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing memory. I remember it like it was yesterday. I even remember the banana seat bike!

    ReplyDelete