Thursday, August 30, 2007

We're Baaaaaacccckkkkk!

So I didn't tell ya... we went camping. We were cohearsed into borrowing D's partners pop up. We packed the camper/truck and were living like the Griswalds for a few days. It was a lot of fun, however I didn't appreciate creepy crawlies in the camper.

Den was in there one morning and I walked in and he immediately said, "GET OUT!". This coming from my DH that thinks I spaz out, which I frequently do. He gently escourted the smashed arachnid out the door. EEEWWww my skin crawls just thinking about it.

I must admit that I did spaz out once. It is justified too. Hornets. I HATE hornets. And wouldn't you know... one would get stuck in between 2 of my baby toes, and my shoe and sting the living shinola out of my toe!!! I was SCREAMING because it felt like I had a burning ass hot coal stuck between my toes!!! I scared the crap out of all of the kids and my DH stood there looking at me like I had totally lost my mind. AND YES I DID lose my mind. Katrina told me today that Hornet stings are the worst of all stings. I BELIEVE her! My freaking toe is still itching... Gotta get that benadryl cream on it.

That was the worst part. The best parts? Camping mid week in an WIDE OPEN park. There wasn't a soul around for the first couple days. The kids could run all the way to the main drag in the camping park, and we could see them point blank. Finding acorns for Fuz Nut who kept coming while we were gone. He ate one today and that was it. Nuts everywhere. Hope I didn't upset his GI tract! Making Pizza Pies in the pie irons for dinner last night. Smores... We had so much fun and are now looking to buy a camper! Not a pop up though. I would like to make it a bit harder for the creepy crawlies to get in. Speaking of which... I have an awesome picture for y'all but I can't seem to locate the camera. Hmmmm. I will try to put it on tomorrow.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment