Sunday, August 26, 2007

3 People...

On the way out to Milford Memories to see Mel, I heard something on the radio that has stuck with me.

They say that due to the internet and email, people are communicating verbally less and less. Because some of these forms of communication do not show emotion, people are losing touch with people that are close to them. I specifically can name probably 4 people that send me only junk, but never an actual email letter. If you get email from me, you know that it is either a letter, or something extremely funny. I don't pass on chain letters and such - that is unless it is for flip flops!

Anyway, moving along...

With this huge change in communication, they say that approximately 76% of the general public do not have 3 people (friends, not family) they could go to, or count on in an emergency. 76%! That's a shocker! It made perfect sense to me, and that is probably why it has stuck with me for this many weeks.

I am now cherishing my relationships with the men and women in my life even more. I know EXACTLY who I can count on, and hopefully they know they can count on me. Take this information and think about your own life. Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:19 PM

    Wow. That's an interesting statistic and I can totally see that happening. When we had power outages due the storm a few weeks ago, it was so great to walk outside and see our neighbors and catch up. Driving around I saw that going on in just about every neighborhood.

    Good food for thought here!

    ReplyDelete