Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Date for HSM 2

I'm sure you've heard the hype... High School Musical was a HUGE hit. This year, Disney came out with High School Musical 2. Emily was invited to 2 different premier parties, both included a sleepover. She chose to go to K's because it was the first one she was invited to, and because K is her BFF.

The excitement was electric and palpable. I made a HSM2 Cake for the party too. XM radio had the premier of the sound track playing too. Disney channel had a countdown going on all day with 15 minute blocks with the Making of the Movie too. It was very exciting.

G and I dropped E off at K's. We stayed for a few minutes then decided to go out to dinner on a "date". Around this neck of the woods, FORGET trying to get in any popular place on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. However, Chili's NEVER has a wait. Plus their food is almost always consistantly good. We went there.

My date ordered the kids Macaroni and Cheese, and a tall blue chiller drink. I ordered the Grilled Caribbean Salad w/ grilled chicken breast. Hot stuff and I had a great time in our booth for 2. Our food came and he went to town, shoveling it in. As I put my dressing on, and started to mix the salad up, I noticed that the chicken was still pink inside. Just then, Mark our waiter, came up. He asked if everything was alright. I asked him if the chicken should still be pink inside. His response, "NO!" and he promptly removed the dish from the table.

Seconds later the manager shows up. She is extremely apologetic and offers soup while I wait. I took her up on a cup of cream of broccoli. Next she delivers my new salad, and is again, very, very sorry for the inconvenience. G and I enjoy our date. I must tell you, he is so handsome, and such a pleasure to dine with, even with cheese covered lips.

As we finished eating, the manager comes up and starts talking with G. She gives him a free meal coupon and told him to write his name on it. Which he did. She then hands him another free meal coupon for a total of 2. Then the bill comes. They not only gave me free soup, but also comp'd the salad too!

Dinner total: $7 ($12 because I tipped the waiter for what would have been the real total, because of EXCEPTIONAL service)

For dessert, we popped back on over to K's to watch HSM2, and had cake. It was A LOT of fun. We arrived shortly before it started where all the girls were counting down at the tops of their voices. As soon as it "0", K's dad flipped on the Tiger Game, where all the girls went berzerk. A priceless moment.

This one will definitely go down as a memorable day. I know EXACTLY what I was doing when HSM2 premiered. And as for Chili's? Of course we'll go back. Because 1. people are human and can make mistakes. 2. They went WAY OVER AND ABOVE on how they handled the undercooked chicken. And finally 3. Because that's where we went on dates, celebrated our engagement, celebrated our pregnancies, and took our new babies to. It's "our place".

I picked E up today at the scheduled time. The girls looked great, bed head and all. Someone put ice down K's pajama top while she was sleeping. M was prying girls eyes open and shining a flashlight in them. There was a lot of giggling, gameboy playing and girl stuff. E got to sleep well after 2, and was up by 8. As of this moment... she is cashed out in my bed. I KNOW she had a great time. I can tell by the glitter in her hair.

2 comments:

  1. What a great story and endorsement for Chili's! I too, will always remember where I was for HSM2. We coincidentially had my two nieces this Friday night for a sleepover. We went to the Mall, saw Hairspray, dinner at Salsatritas (which my nieces named the Mexican version of Subway), and then home for cupcakes and HSM2. My husband tormented them with the Tigers Game too and would flip to it during the commerical breaks. They would practically fall off the couch in fear that he wouldn't flip back in time! What an event, and reminds me of where I was the first time I saw Dirty Dancing (although HSM2 was much more appropriate that DD was)!

    I am curious to know, did you taken a pic of the cake you made? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG we are getting a Salsaritas very close to my house. I've heard rave reviews on it and am very excited about it opening.

    Was Hairspray awesome? I haven't seen it yet, but I can only imagine that John Travota is a total scream in it.

    I will post a photo of the cake. It's not one of my best by any means. I was screwing around. "practicing" if you will. :)

    ReplyDelete