Monday, August 13, 2007

A Little Bit of This... A Little Bit of That...

Milford Memories 2007

Beautiful waterfall behind Starbucks on Mainstreet.


Lots to say today... Although if I were smart, I would do up a couple drafts and just post them day by day, as the rest of this week is going to get a bit busy. Normally I work 2 days per week. This week? 4

I know lots of you full time working readers are playing your miniature violins, lol.

So here we go...

On Friday, I had the pleasure of meeting my childhood friend Melanie, at the Milford Memories Festival. It is fitting of us, because we both grew up just outside of Milford. We actually marched down Mainstreet one year, as batton twirllers. I will save you the agony of viewing photos. Mel looked great, but as for me, I'm shocked that my parents let me go out of the house looking like I did!

Now that I look at this photo, I'm wondering how I left the house with hair like that! It's a work in progress, but I'm trying to grow it out. The booth that we are standing in front of is the booth I look for every year. It is the bug lady's booth. Did I ever tell you I collect window screen bugs?


With the exception of 1 that I received from my sister-in-law Pattie, the rest came from the Bug Lady. Mel and I searched and searched for her, and found her booth on a side street as we were walking back towards the car. These are the two that I added to my collection this year...


As always, it is such a wonderful annual tradition for us. To my best calculations, we started doing this shortly after Melanie came home from college. We have missed maybe a year or two. Emily has tried and tried to stow away in the car for this adventure, but it is A LOT of walking, in the heat, and it's a time for old friends to catch up. Mel and I go back to a time well before the age that Emily is now.

With that... I have decided to not bore you too much more with the details of my existence today. I'm going to go with my original plan and post more this week. Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. You have pictures of us baton twirling? I don't have any pictures of that. I'd like to see those.....

    I found one the other day of us at my birthday party at McDonald's. I think I was turning 7 or 8. I'll show you if you show me!

    I had really good time too! Dave loved his beef jerky and I love the ring I bought.

    ReplyDelete