Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just one look...

That's all it took for me to be whirled back to a newscast and a video of a young teenage girl being abducted, and later murdered. G and I were sitting in the parking lot of our local Walgreens yesterday while D ran in. As we sat there, facing the door, I watched a young girl walk into the store. She appeared to be around 18 or 19. Probably going in for some lash extending mascara or a new bottle of nail polish.

She looked as if she took very good care of herself. She wore a pink tank top, and pink shorts with her cute little flip flops. As I was watching her, I suddenly felt the horror. OMG. This girl could easily be abducted. This is someone's baby. Her whole life ahead of her. This could be my "E" in a few short years. She suddenly appeared very vulerable, and I felt suddenly very worried about my child.

With that... I am now totally obsessed that my child needs to learn some sort of self defense. I want this kid to be able to drop a dirt bag like a bag of dirt. Ever see "Enough"? That's what I want. Is Jackie Chan doing lessons?

No comments:

Post a Comment