Friday, August 03, 2007

She saw me, and I saw her...

As I rode along, I heard the brush and twigs breaking on my right. As I stopped to look, I saw her... and she saw me. We both stood for a moment, then she started to walk off, her sleek body, ending in a whimsical, white tail. Two others followed her, but they weren't anywhere near the size of her. They were definiltely her offspring, and so young, they had very little bodies. It was the GREATEST thing I have seen in a long time...

Today Den, the kids and I went for a 10 mile bike ride. Greg and his toothpick legs would have NEVER kept up, so he rode in the bike trailer. Funny how he said he was "tired" at the end of it.

We started out at West Road, N of 26 Mile. I "borrowed" this photo from the website, so nix the pumpkins. Had I any inclination how AMAZING this journey would be, I would have DEFINITELY taken my camera.


We rode South on the path for about 5 miles.


We rode past Dequindre Road and almost into Downtown Rochester Hills. The path turns into an unpaved path, however, it was still very smooth, and even more "country" than the paved portions. The smell of the flowers, the sound of the wind rustling the trees... I LOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDD it. Just when it couldn't get any better, we saw the deer.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Cool story. Sounds like a fun bike ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so you might just be my new hero! Your a master gardener, professional photographer (sweet pics btw!), lance armstrong-esc with bike riding (10 miles, holy moly), and you love Miami Vice!

    Thanks for being a fan of the vice! There are two people in this world - those that liked MV and those that didn't...We know whose better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny. 1. I got lucky this year with the flowers. 2. I haven't rode my bike that far in YEARS... today my joints are paying for it. 3. the photos were all borrowed from the internet. I forgot to take my camera.

    Miami Vice... HUGE fan. Still watch it on Spike TV when it's on. lol (oh and yes, my husband and I are still stuck in the 80's, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Thanks so much for leaving me a lil' comment on my blog. So you wanna know how I got my banner? Well, I have a husband and he has photoshop and I take pictures and tell him what I want it to look like and then he puts it on my blog and then I thank him because I don't want to learn more computer programs than I absolutley have to and it makes him feel important.

    Please, no need to thank me, I know my usefulness to human kind is priceless.

    ReplyDelete