Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Spring!!!!

Before I've seen my first robin of the season, and before I noticed my tulips poking through the dirt, I've seen the first signs of spring.

The other day I saw the resident squirrel playing tug o' war with the burlap on the tree out front. I wondered why it looked so ratty, then saw why. Mrs Squirrel was getting supplies for her "nest". I'm a bit worried though because the tree she is nesting in, will be cut down this year. The new neighbors next to us have decided to level all the trees in their yard. This is very sad for the tree hugger in me. I just hope that Mrs. Squirrel will be ok. Maybe they will wait until fall to do that.

My second sign of spring... the birds are building a nest in the bird house on our patio. Pretty soon we'll have the joy of seeing them going at it on the bush out side, lol.

I am so relieved. Spring is coming.

1 comment:

  1. Be wary of the blue jays! Mean bastards!

    ReplyDelete