Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2 B or not 2 B

First order of business....

I would like to thank all of my awesome friends that have written to Greg at school. The amount of letters he has received is amazing. And most of them start off with, "This is _______. I'm a friend of your Mom's", or they have come from family.

While he LOVES getting them, I love the feeling I get when he comes home with a folder full of mail from my girls, or from family. It's priceless. So thank you. Thank You for taking the time to do this wonderful little thing. It has totally enlightened our spirits, and especially of one little boy. I wish ALL schools would do this.

Moving along...

I'm in a funk. I went to class yesterday to find out that I barely passed yet another algebra test. At first I hadn't passed it, then after looking at the key and comparing it with my test, I found that I did a bit better than he thought, and I called him out on it.

Regardless, this is BASIC Algebra. In order to become a Registered Dietician, I have to take A LOT more math classes AND about 4 different chemistry classes. PLUS last week I went to the counselor at Macomb to find out if I am on the right track. Let's just say that it was very enlightening. I found that I have even more classes to take on top of the program requirements.

I am in a funk. The hurdle of the math classes alone is daunting. I'm 37 (there I said it). As much as I joke around about being 29, I'm actually 3 years from 40, which is still very young. If I live to 80, my life is still not even half over. But do I want to spend the next 10 years in class AGAIN? Not really.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Is this a mid-life crisis? I have a degree as a Paramedic, and have no intentions on working the road again. What are my options? It's not like there is this pressing for me to go find a job. But the thing is... I feel like I should be doing something more to bring in an income.

My cousin suggested I work in a scrapbook store. I told her to clean out her crack pipe. Me working in a scrapbook store? You could reword that as Me working to PAY OFF the scrapbook store.

I am in a funk and I feel that I should be doing something. But what.

I wonder if there are any good books that would help me sort this out. I feel like a failure, yet I know that I'm not.

3 comments:

  1. If you really want to finish school then finish. Don't feel bad about being almost 40, just rememeber to continually learn means keeping your brain active which means you could be 90 years old and outthinking some 20something!

    And if Math stresses you out that bad I suggest a tutor. I could not have got through my math classes without Karl...he is numbers genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miranda. I'm in a much better frame of mind today because I'm just shelving the thoughts for how. I'm going to continue on in my class and aim for the highest possible score. Who know's what may be next. I'm just glad i have a degree under my belt at this point!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps, just know I'm right there with you. I know there is something that I'm really suppose to be doing with my life, but I just don't know what it is yet.

    And another thing, I went back to Wayne State a few years ago to get my teaching certificate. I didn't finish the program (I have 10 credits left), but I know what I learned there is going to come in handy some day. Is there a job that you could look for in tge dietary field, even if it's not the exact job you may want? Something to just give you exposure to it?

    You are always in the perfect place. And you are right, you are definitely NOT a failure.

    I think the tutor is a great idea too. Math is a PITA - pain in the A**!!

    ReplyDelete