Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm Not Funny

I miss myself. Sometimes I find things so funny, that I just can't stop laughing. I'm not laughing lately, and I'm sorry, but here comes a dark post. I would like to say that I am witty, but I don't feel it right now. I would like to say that my glass is always half full, and the sun is always shining, but lately it isn't. I would like to say that the air feels so light, but it doesn't.

Yesterday while we were at Meijer, I had a very short conversation with a woman in the produce section. BTW, Meijer had cheese on sale... 3 for $6... thank you very much Kroger, you can stick your $4.49 cheese sideways up your hoohaa's.

Prior to this conversation with this lady, I definitely took notice of the faces people were wearing that day. Doom and gloom. I honestly don't think I saw even one person smile. Den and I noticed a sharp increase in many prices.

The conversation with the woman was brief. She commented on how 4 peppers in a cellophane bag for $4.99 will NEVER sell at that price. I agreed. She went on to say how she is a nervous wreck, as she had just left her bank, and was expecting a call from her banker. I mentioned to her that we too, were feeling the pinch. I only had in my basket, what I absolutely needed. The days of frivolous shopping are definitely on hiatus.

This whole thing is wearing on me. Personally, I think we are doing fine, and we will be ok... but as I look around, and especially on the news. OMG the news... It literally sucks the life out of me to watch it. Everything is so bad all the time.

It is absolutely shocking to see how bad things have gotten in 8 years under the village idiot. I am scared to death that the walking corpse (McCain) will get in, because he and the idiot seem to share a brain. On the flipside, I'm not so sure that Obama is any better. I am so scared for this country... so scared. Then there is that nitwit that is running with the corpse. Did you see the clip of her with Katie Couric? Katie asked her about which publications she reads as far as news papers goes, and nitwit goes on and says, "Oh I read all of them", and basically dodged the question. Can she even answer a question at all? BTW, GMA went to Alaska today to see if you really CAN see Russia from "her house". Unless she lives on Little Diomede, there is no way she can see Russia from her house.

Regardless, I hope I find my sense of humor soon. As of now it is just sitting at bay, and I hope that the fire isn't diminished completely before it surfaces again.

2 comments:

  1. We're totally letting the media play us. Doom and gloom. They love it. It make us want to slit our wrists. The truth is that anything could happen and most likely in 6 months after all the election bull has died down, our lives will continue on as usual (as they have been). I think the old cliche "90% of what you worry about never happens" is very appropriate right now.

    Turn your tv and radio off and take your kids to the cider mill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are so funny. Literally I was laughing out loud. I thought about it last night after my posting about how I hated what I posted. I am not a dark person by nature. I am not a gloom and doom person, and for me to let them win for once, really got to me.

    I am having problems downloading photos to my computer and I have some really good ones. As soon as I figure the dumb thing out, I am going to rock all your worlds with a gazillion photos!!!

    ReplyDelete