Sunday, October 26, 2008

Broken.

I'm broken. Absolutely broken. Something happened to me the other day and I am completely stumped as to how this happened. I did something so out of character that I feel really lost. It was so unlike me, and so strange that I still can't believe it happened.
We spent 2 hours at Borders Friday night and I DIDN'T BUY ANY BOOKS!!!!

This is so strange for me because I LOVE to read. But here is the kicker. They had a GREAT history section. LOTS of local history about different cities, including Detroit. They must have had over 200 books just on this. Cute little paperback books. They were $19.99... and weren't even 1/2" thick. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.

Then there were the romance novels. I LOVE romance novels. But I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $6 on something I would read in 2.2 seconds.

And then there were cookbooks. If you know me at all, you know I don't have to answer this one. Let's just say that my mom called me out on my love of recipes cookbooks. She cut this out of the paper, because that old bag is me, and the little girl is Emily... minus the glasses!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Ha! I love that cartoon. That reminds me of my sister, she also collecs books and kitchen gadgets but rarely cooks.

    Borders is seriously considered a "date" for us. The wild and crazy couple we are. I love this new blog formate. Very chic!

    ReplyDelete