Monday, October 06, 2008

Tink, Tink, Tink... Is this thing on?

Wow, where have I been? All of those blog links on the bottom right, are blogs that I look at EVERY DAY. From the looks of it, everyone else has been as busy as I have. Plus I must admit... lately I haven't been online much. I have been so busy trying to get some things done, that a couple days have gone by, where I didn't even turn on the computer.
Add to that my dark frame of mind. I will be fine though. Just sick of media hype.

I have some exciting news to share! Emily has been invited to join the EXCEL team at her school. It is a team of talented and gifted students. Something that I would have NEVER qualified to be a part of. She scored very high on her MEAP tests last year. I went to the parental meeting tonight, and was so excited to see a bunch of people that I know. Looks like her class must still be the bumper crop, that her preschool teacher loved so much.


As I was driving home from the school, I suddenly realized how many opportunities our children have, that we were never given. As far as I remember, I do not recall having any type of after school activities, other than sports. I do not remember the teachers pushing their students to be the best. I... am a product of that environment. I... am so glad that my kids won't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment