Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Relief!

I'm sure I've mentioned before that sometimes when Greg speaks, I sweat. You NEVER know what is going to come out of that kids mouth. Trust me when I tell you that he is not the least bit shy.

Today I took the kids to Johnnie's Barber Shop. It's such a cool little "out of the way" place, where interesting conversations are held. I would LOVE to sit in there for a day and just listen to the barrage of stories that come and go.

While Emily's "edge trimming" took a mere 5 minutes, Greg's took much longer. Johnnie must be a perfectionist, and from the look of Greg's new doo, it shows. It was worth the wait... and so was the conversation.

Greg made small talk to Johnnie, and Johnnie told Greg jokes. My favorite? Why did the boy throw a stick of butter out of the car window? He wanted to see a butterfly, lol. OMG, I'm LMAO.

Anyhow, as we were leaving, and Greg finished his stories about Muskie, Sturgeon, and France, he turns to Johnnie and says, "You were very nice. I hope to see you next time I come in here."

All I heard was a gasp and saw a HUGE smile on Johnnie's face. My thoughts? THANK GOD... my child is polite!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know you are doing something right, right!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete