Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Meap Madness

Ahhh yes, it's that time of year again. Time for the Meap tests. Time for all of the studying to be put to good use. Time for Emily to show off her big brain. This morning she was up before I was. She was in and out of the shower before her Daddy and she had the biggest positive attitude I've seen in a long time. She chose a healthy breakfast, and had her snacks packed in her backpack. She chose comfortable clothes, and mentally prepared herself for the big day.

On the way to school, she chanted over and over "I hope I do good, I hope I do good", while I said over and over in my head, "I know she'll do great, I know she'll do great". As we pulled up to the school, she turned, gave me a kiss, told me she loves me, and popped out of the car. She turned towards the building, ready to take on the world, and the Meaps. Althought I tell her often, the child will never know how much I adore her. How I watch her while she sleeps, praying that she will always make good choices, and will continue to excel in her own life. How I pray that she will always be healthy, and how I thank god for the opportunity to be her mother. I am the luckiest person in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Emily!! The East Coast Gang knows you will ace your MEAPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Emily!! Those MEAPS are yours!!

    (and what a great Mom you have too!!)

    ReplyDelete