Sunday, June 08, 2008

Pop Quiz

POP QUIZ:

What job can you have, that you are wrong more than 50% of the time and still have a job?

Weather person aka meteorologist.

Last night, before we went to bed, we watched the news. Nothing on the radar, nothing in the forecast.

Fast forward to 2:30 this morning. I got up with Emily, who was not feeling well, due to a sunburn she got yesterday. I noticed it was lightening outside, but no thunder.

3:00am - Emily comes and gets in our bed. It is lightening and thundering like crazy - to the point that now none of us can sleep. It was one after another, after another.

THEN IT HAPPENS. HUGE STRIKE OF LIGHTENING AND IMMEDIATE CRASH OF THUNDER. Scared the crap out of all of us. Dennis got up and looked out. I expected he would find our tree out front blown to smithereens, and the windows of his truck blown out, with smoking tires. NOTHING. No evidence of where it hit.

Regardless, it was a "What the H-E double hockeysticks" moment.

If I were wrong more than 50% of the time in my job... I would be OUT OF A JOB.
BTW... Emily wants to be a meteorologist when she grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment