Saturday, June 21, 2008

The "Jennifer"

Ok, so I KNOW you remember when Jennifer Aniston was known for her fabulous hair. I still love that cut to this day. But that isn't the inspiration for this post. Well actually I guess it is...

Comcast.net is our homepage. Everyday when I log on, that is the first thing that comes up. Lately they have been showing stars from "then and now". I have to say that just looking at a photo of Jennifer Aniston from her Friends days, conjures up a huge amount of memories and emotions so strong they are almost palpable.

I watched Friends while in college. Actually pretty much through out my college years. Just looking at this photo, I vividly remember my EMS classes. Working concerts and clubbing down in Detroit, being so addicted to Depeche Mode, I saw them twice within one year, and partied with them at the State Theater (photo is around here somewhere). I bought my first new car (on my own), I lost a job working at a mortgage company, and took up to watching Star Trek The Next Generation until the wee hours of the night with my cousin. I still think of that when I have a slurpee, and laffy taffy. Total sugar rush.

I hung out with wild people and did things I never dreamed I would do. I went to places I never thought I would, and saw a different side of life that was a total blast. It was there, in the early 90's when I met Dennis in a parking lot. We dated off and on, and on, and on until I moved in with him in 95. We were engaged in 96, and married in 97. We were with child in 98 until she was born in 99.

It is totally insane how fast time goes by. And even more nuts how just a photo can suddenly transport you to a different time. I would love to know what YOU were doing when Friends was on TV.

3 comments:

  1. I was a freshman in college the year Friends started and it went off the year I started dating Dave. I always thought of that as sort of symbolic.

    It was the last sitcom I have been "involved" with.

    Good post. I'm glad I'm not the only one who associates the timeline of my life with pop culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that your brain works like mine - I can see a picture and a million things will come to mind too!!

    The Jennifer Aniston cut. That was the 90's in a nutshell. Can you imagine if you were a hairstylist during that time, that had to be so sick of people asking for that style!! Ha!

    The 90's for me - Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam, Big Decisions like "what turtleneck matches this flannel!" Guess Overalls and colored jeans. Doc Martins (although I don't think I ever bought a pair)! And of course, ER with George Clooney!! He was and still is soooo delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I ALWAYS wanted a pair of Doc Martins, but was too cheap to buy a pair. I still admire them to this day. I still want to cut my hair drastically short and have it dyed JET BLACK, but don't have the face, nor the bod to do that.

    ER... LOVED ER until I started working in one. Now I just like Grey's for the sex. lol.

    ReplyDelete