Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More than Parenting

Today I found out some news that has reduced me to tears. My beautiful daughter has once again been passed over on the school announcements. Every morning, the announcements are broadcast throughout the school via television. Try-outs are held at the end of the year for open positions. This year was Emily's third attempt.

As I went into the school to see her, and to give her some medication for an infection she's developed, the teacher responsible for the announcements, told me of the news. It took everything I had to not start crying right there at the desk in the office... and I hadn't even seen my child yet. How was I going to hold myself together while seeing Emily. I knew right then if she cried, I was going to cry too. And if she cried, I was taking her home for the day.

This has been a pretty bad week for her, and it seems to be one hit after another lately. I am ready for school to be out. And this final blow has brought her mom to tears... for her.

When I saw her, she didn't look ok, even though she told me she was. I held it together long enough to kiss and hug her goodbye, and to let her go back to her class. As I walked through the doors of the building, the tears started rolling. My heart is broken for her because she wanted this so badly, that she rehearsed every morning at the breakfast table.

As you know from previous posts, this year hasn't been smooth sailing for this child. She's had multiple issues with friends that have since dissipated. I am ready for her to be out of school and in the safety of her home so we can protect her once again... until September.

I am a wreck, and she is so strong.

1 comment:

  1. You are the most amazing mom! And without you even knowing it you are being strong for your daughter, just by being her mom! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete