Monday, November 30, 2009

Age Limits

I recently received a friend request from my 9 year old niece on facebook. Seriously people. Are there NO limits to where and what kids are allowed to do? Emily was all over me about joining facebook a while back because her friend was allowed to join. There is no way in hell that I am letting my 10 year old get a facebook page. To me, it's the equivalent of letting them get a myspace page too, which will NEVER happen in this house.

On a whim I decided to look up the age limits to see if there are any and guess what... here it is:

4. Registration and Account Security

3. You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.

It is becoming rediculous how parents are not being parents, but are just letting their kids do whatever, just because.

Am I off my rocker feeling this way or do you agree?

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree. We had this drama with Sam and myspace about a year and a half ago. He went ahead and created a pofile for himself even though we told him he could not. So he had to delete it and we have not let him do it again since.

    I had a few people tell me I was being too strict, but I guess that is my business.

    Did you accept the request from the 9 year old?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely NOT! People post some odd things on facebook. While I think my postings are ok, many people post things that I end up "hiding" because I personally don't want to see it. Let alone a child.

    Fbook is "OUR PLACE". It isn't for kids. It isn't a bad place, but it is OUR place. Something has to be our own. They will get there in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my views on facebook, ha! :-)))

    ReplyDelete