Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HELLOOOO, HELloooo, helloooooo

Echo. Every wonder if anyone reads your blog? I wonder all the time, but here I am. Still posting away. Even if I'm talking to myself, I can still put my thoughts out there.

Did you know...

Sodium Benzoate mixed with Citric Acid forms a carcinogen called Benzene which is found in gasoline? Funny huh? Start reading your nutrition labels.

The other day, I was going to buy maple syrup but I didn't. I read the label and just couldn't get past the ingredients. I put it back on the shelf.

Two days later, Dennis buys syrup. Guess whats in it. Yep. The junk listed above. I know it is horribly terrible to eat, but have you seen the price of real syrup lately? It makes me sick and even worse... I can't afford to buy it right now. Even though I'm hitting this huge mental block on this, he looked at me like I was nuts. Guess that's why he calls me a "tree hugger".

Every time I put syrup on anything, I feel like the mother in Flowers in the Attic, that is putting arsenic mixed with powdered sugar on her kids cookies. I feel like I am killing all of us by using it, knowing full well it's potential.

I need to grow more maple trees.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still here and reading! Just have forgotten to post in awhile!!

    I had a syrup meltdown awhile back too - they all come in icky plastic now and have HFCS in it. Now add this to this list.

    Seriously, What is happening to our food?

    ReplyDelete