Friday, November 13, 2009

Close... but no cigar!

If you are a follower of The Pioneer Woman, then you know she does contests regularly. Katrina got me hooked on her blog back when there were about 3 people reading it. When she would do a contest, there would be about 200 entries. Should have known that wouldn't last!

Her last contest had about 40,000 entries I think. The funny thing is, when she does a regular blog post, she gets about 63 comments. Where are the 40,000 followers? Are they just trying to win something?

Anyway, back to our story...

This past week in her cooking section she ran a contest in which the winner would win a set of Cuisinart pots and pans. Lord knows we could use a new set of pots and pans in this house. The ones we have now are the el cheapo ones that Service Merchandise used to carry. You know the ones... they look like pot-belly pots with the gold-like handles. Well... the simulated gold finish is has worn off the handles in some spots. They came with NO pans, which means we picked up some cheap ones from Revco back in the day.

The point I'm getting to is that I entered the contest. The question... "Who is your favorite food blogger, or favorite TV chef?" Well... the only food blogger I know is Ree, and to put that would be like kissing her butt, so I put Paula Deen.

The funny thing is my response was #39. I must have come across the contest moments after she posted it. And then the winners were posted. I can't believe how close I was!! Looks like I'll be using my banged up kitchen artillery for a while longer. That is unless the kitchen fairy drops off something awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment