Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One week!

Wow! I'm so surprised that it's been a week since my last post. Where does the time go?

I guess I am at a loss for words this week. There hasn't been a whole lot going on really. We are preparing for Thanksgiving at our house. We told everyone to go elsewhere last year due to major family drama. Let's just say I was worried there would be a boxing match at our house. So we invited ourselves to our friends house for dinner. It was awesome. Don't you love friends that are good with stuff like that?

This year I will attempt to have a 23 pound turkey done BEFORE the side dishes, and vow NOT to stress out. I've been cleaning here and there, and just doing odds and ends of things to get ready. It's all good.

We started out the weekend with a bang. I told Greg this morning if he came out of the school with shoes untied, he would be writing sentences when he got home. Guess who has writers cramps. lol. I only made him write 5 sentences that read "I will keep my shoes tied". You would have thought I took away his favorite toy the way he carried on. It's then that I hit him with, "Keep complaining and I will add 5 more". He zipped it, and is now starting an awesome weekend by having a nerf sniper shoot-out with his Dad. Did I ever tell you about the collection of nerf guns we have in this house?

I went to the nerf website to see if I could hijack some photos, but their website is wayyyy too animated for my blog. Blogger would definitely crash. Let's just say we have about every Nerf gun known to man, in this house. Including the huge missile launcher that damn near took Greg's head off once, accidentally of course. Yesterday Greg used a bit more of a gift card he received for his birthday, to purchase the double barrel nerf shot gun. I think we have about $13 left on the card which could be used for more darts.

Friday... I'm not sure I'm venturing out for shopping. Only 1 place has something I REALLY want, but 1. It's probably limited quantity. 2. It is at a store that is open 24 hours, which makes you wonder what time to get there for such item, and finally... is the savings really worth losing sleep over? I'm thinking not.

Saturday... we are heading down to Ford Field to watch the Stevenson Titans (Den's Alma mater) take down Detroit Catholic Central. I'm hoping it's an annihilation, since I once dated a guy that went there, then a few years later wondered what the "f" I was thinking. So I'm hoping they will smear them.

What's on your calendar this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment