Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Another Conversation with Greg

Today Greg was running a fever due to an ear infection that we though had gone away. I think it's the child's first ear infection... at least that I can remember. Anyhow, we were reading his book on the White House while in the exam room.

G: "Mom when I grow up, I want to be a Doctor or a Nurse"

M: "Greg if you want to be either of those, you can't be afraid of the things they do to people"

G: "Ok, then maybe I'll be a policeman or maybe a sniper sharp shooter"

M: "Then I will worry about you. You could always do something cool like be in the secret service and protect the President!"

Greg turns around with eyes like baseballs and says, "THEN I'LL HAVE TO MOVE TO WASHINGTON D.C.!"

M: "That's ok. We'll come visit you... often!"

G: "Instead I think I'll go there in the morning, then be back in time for dinner.

M: "You're going to commute back and forth EVERY DAY??? Don't you want to leave us?"

G: "No WAY!"

... and he give me a kiss.

4 comments: