Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Turning Over a New Leaf

Ever get so crabby that you can't even stand yourself? I have been a total piece of work lately. So much so that I started thinking that I was on the verge of losing my witts. I recently snapped at a friend going through a hard time, and believe I have ruined the friendship. She just asked the wrong thing at the wrong time and that was it. I had no filter and just went off on her.

I felt like sticking a humongo "L" on my forehead because I can't find a job. I have my TS business, which I LOVE and continue to work with enthusiasm, but feel that I need to find something more consistant. I have applied and applied only to hear... "crickets".

On Sunday night, I decided I was turning over a new leaf. I'm sick of being upset. I'm sick of being in a bad mood. I'm sick of being crabby. Whatever is going on in my life, "is what it is". There are so many things that can not be changed, and I was wearing myself out trying to change them.

I am the luckiest person in the world to have such a supportive husband. Dennis has shouldered me through all of this, and held my head up high when I couldn't. He has said the right things at the right time, and now... I feel so much better. I am really thankful that I had him to lean on.

3 comments:

  1. Turning new leaf project #1.

    - Stop Calling Yourself a Loser
    - Stop confirming that you can't find a job

    Your new mantras...

    -I am a woman of great power and am confident that a great job is coming my way! I am deserving of all new opportunities!

    Say it with enthuasim sista! Shout it every morning. Be-lieve it! Own it like you are a Victoria Secret Model on a runway. WOWZERS!! Watch out world, here comes Val!!

    Love ya chics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina5:42 PM

    jro is right on here too Val.

    And by the way I could use a new leaf as well. So I think I'll join ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have been here. Sounds like you are on the right track. Life is series of peaks and valleys and you have just been in a valley. It happens to the best of us, so stop beating yourself up.

    How about a trip to the cider mill?

    PS Jro is right on. Go Jro!

    ReplyDelete