Wednesday, September 09, 2009

See Rock City!

I'm sure you've seen them! The "See Rock City" signs posted all over Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia. After seeing about 600 of them on the way to Tennessee, we decided to...


Did you notice the bottom sign? lol, I did too. It totally jumped out at me!

Not only did we need to see Rock City, now we needed to find Starbucks! Please note that I was thinking about my blogger babes when I shot this photo.


Here comes a task... from now on... when you take a vacation, find a Starbucks, and take a photo of it. Post it in your blog. It will be interesting to see different ones!



Unless you know someone who has been there before, there is no way to know exactly what Rock City is. We had gone to Lookout Mountain and gone to the top. The view was captivating, and deserves it's own post. After doing that, we followed the signs to "See Rock City", just to "see" what the heck it was! After seeing the price, we had second thoughts! However after a few minutes of looking at the map, we decided to take the plunge. It was the best money we spent all weekend.



The scenic trip takes you through caverns, caves, and what appeared to be a rainforest. Could that be because it was raining the whole time we were there?



To the right in the photo is a waterfall. It is so big we could not get far enough away to capture it in a photo. The thunderous roar was incredible.



Dennis, Emily and Greg are much more brave than I am, by a landslide. They walked over... The Swinging Bridge without even thinking twice. I walked over the narrow stone bridge, with my hands and feet braced on both sides!



Rainbow Cave


Can you really see seven states? I think those states should put up flags saying "Here I am!"


This... should come with a warning. Clausterphobic people... go another route. I had the panic attack of a lifetime in this crack in the earth. When we started out, I turned around once only to have Dennis telling me, "You'll be fine". The second time I turned around, I wanted to run him over, however there were people behind him. By the time I got to the other side, I was hyperventilating, crying, trembling, and thought my heart would beat out of my chest. To say it freaked me out... is putting it lightly. He put his paramedic hat on, and got me calmed down quickly though, so we could enjoy the rest of the day.
After all was said and done, it was the best money and time we spent on Lookout Mountain. Plus after Fat Man's Squeeze, I didn't need a triple latte, for I had already reached my target heart rate for the day!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! This ranks up there with seeing "mystery spot" up north!! How cool that you stopped.

    And...I'm so in with the Starbucks pictures!! What a great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina3:53 PM

    I love that you stopped at Rock City and that there was a Starbucks sign! LOL.

    And I would have probably spontaneously exploded from high blood pressure if I would have had to that rock squeeze. OMG!

    ReplyDelete