Friday, April 17, 2009

Life Made Simple

A friend and I recently had an email conversation about simplifying and facebook.

Ok, I admit it. I'm pretty much done with Facebook. It was fun while it lasted, but honestly, I'm rarely ever on there any more. Plus I found yesterday that my friend posted photos of her little boy and I didn't even know about it, until I clicked on her name. To me, this is front page news! I want my friends stuff to be front and center the moment it hits the web! In all reality, Facebook sucks the time right out of my day and seems to take away from the things I really like to do. Plus, I don't really care to see what other people are doing, except for those that matter most to me.

I also just realized that the voicemail on our home phone had 4 messages on there that are relatively old, but hadn't been heard. I'm seriously thinking about shutting off the voicemail. It is yet just another time consumer, listening to people's "stories" on the voicemail. The people I REALLY want to talk to, know how to reach me.

I hate that I'm in this frame of mind, but in all reality, I feel like I'm trying to get back to the basics. Den and I were just talking today about the News. We rarely ever watch the news anymore because it is all sensationalized, and depressing. They use scare tactics on a regular basis and to tell you the truth, I really don't want my kids watching it at all. They don't need to know the graphic details about child preditors, or molesters. I will tell them what I think they should hear.

I guess I'm just sick of being pulled in so many different directions at once. I just want to have more time for the things I want to do, plus if all goes well, I will have my head buried in school books before we know it. I guess this is the perfect time to start simplifying my life.

1 comment:

  1. I Agree, Mom and I am sorry you feel this way.

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete