Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Hodge Podge

So yesterday, I was in the WORST mood. It is almost impossible to be happy about anything these days. Everything is always bad on the TV and in the newspapers.

I set off for the post office yesterday. While in the post office, this arrogant butt head starts spouting off to the people in line, including myself. He starts slamming Obama for this, and that. Then he proceeds to say that the democratic people are brainwashed, and if we all think this mess is Bush's fault, we need to learn a thing or two. He c0ntinued with his unsolicited opinion for quite a while.

Let's just say by this time, I was staring at the ceiling, literally biting my lip. I wanted to rip into this a-hole like you can't imagine. Not because of my political views, but more so for feeling the need to give everyone in line his opinion, whether we asked for it or not. This jerk had no idea what kind of day people were having, and just felt the need to voice his opinion.

After the post office, I went to Meijer for a few things. As I approached the check out, I remembered Melanie's rant o' rama about self check outs. You know what... The girl is dead on. Why are we paying MORE for our groceries, only to ring them up and bag them ourselves?! I'm taking a stand against this one. I got into a line with a cashier. I had time to burn and really didn't care how long it took. Come hell or high water, I am NOT ringing up my own groceries, and I am NOT going to bag them either.
Moments later, I hear a woman behind me. She works for the store. She tells me to go down a few aisles and another cashier would ring me up. So I go down there, and guess where the cashier is going to ring me up... Yep! At the self check out! So now I have this angry cashier that is running 8 self check out units, ringing up my groceries and bitching about her supervisor. Next thing I know, she has to STOP ringing up my groceries to go handle another customer's check. Here I am, at the self check out stuck waiting for about 5 minutes for the girl to come back. By this time I couldn't ring myself up because she did something to the screen that changed the view. I should have fooled with it enough to give myself 50% off all my groceries, lol.
I've decided that I am NO longer going to those self check outs. I'm going to do my part in putting people back to work, by making sure I go into the aisles with an actual human being ringing me up. Period.
On a different and happier note.... I passed my test! Not only did I pass it... I ACED IT! 100%!!!! WHEW!!


I take pride in being an optimistic person, however it is becoming more and more difficult as time goes on. Sometimes I find that I can't even stand myself because of the life sucking mood I am in. I can't tell you enough how much I would love to snap out of this funk.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya my friend. Yesterday, when I was driving into work I saw a bumper sticker that said "Michigan is going to H*LL" I thought, WOW. People are really taking it to a new level here. I know things are tough, but I'm wondering if other states are as bitter as we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that says it all. I have heard that other states are doing quite well. Our problem is that the auto industry is pretty much done here.

    Now what I'm about to say will probably catch a lot of crap, but I really feel that the auto workers kept asking for more and more - which they were given and then the prices of the cars kept going up and up. Then the auto makers decided to start moving factories out of the country. Add to this the price of gas was almost $5 per gallon last year, and people stopped buying cars.

    Unfortunately it is my opinion that they priced themselves right out of jobs. I would be willing to bet that most of them that are no longer working would have taken a hefty pay cut compared to what they are eating now.

    Almost makes me wonder... Here comes a "What If"...

    What if the mortgage banks, creditors and all waived 1 months worth of due payments, and the companies that are failing didn't have to pay their employees for 1 month. Do you think that would do anything to help this current situation?

    ReplyDelete