Monday, January 12, 2009

Taxi!

I have to laugh. Donna & Mike are Emily's godparents. When we got pregnant with her, we threw the whole "thing" off balance. We used to vacation together, get together on a weeknight (gasp) for drinks. We'd have dinner... whenever! Donna commented more than once on how I was going to be a Minivan Mom. (You know where this is going). "Mom's Taxi" she would say. Today... I felt like I was a Taxi. Here is my Monday:

8:00 drop off at school
~Come home

12:00 run to mall to exchange broken xmas gift
~come home

3:15 pick up Greg from school
~come home

3:45 take Greg, pick up 2 other kids, drop off at catechism'
~come home

5:30 pick up Emily from afterschool meeting
~come home

NO wonder I am exhausted today! My tires are smoking! BTW... This is what Donna is driving her kids around town in these days, lol.

Meanwhile, I'm sportin' around town in an SUV, lol. Who's the "Minivan Mom" now biatch?! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Watch it wit the mini-van jokes lady! I have the same one but mine is burgandy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my dear, your situation is different. You were never busting my chops about becoming a minivan mom before you became one. Donna on the other hand was all that and a bag of chips in her Grand Prix. Who's laughing now? lol.

    ReplyDelete