Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Complaint

Inquiring minds would like to know...

How is it that we pay the same amount of $ in our taxes, yet we are supposed to expect less when it comes to service by the road commission. I live 3 houses off a main road, yet TWICE this year we've had to call them to come plow the fricken street. They've only been out here 3 times TOTAL. You do the math. Thank GOD for 4WD. Never thought I would have to turn it on, turn it off, turn it on, turn it off... so much! Biatches.

3 comments:

  1. Here's the math... 10% unemployment means fewer cars being purchased, and less fuel being consumed which equals less money to pay for the roads that we all drive. Less money almost always equals less service....

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but higher gas prices most definitely contributed to the current situation as well. I myself am driving less, because even though the prices have come down, I no longer make unnecessary trips.

    Regardless, I sent a "pretty please" letter to the road commission and while I was typing my post for the day... they were out plowing my street. All is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Friend!

    Wow, it seems like forever since I've read anything in the blog-o-sphere! I've just updated myself in the life of Val and wow, you have been busy!

    You've started classes! How AWESOME! I can't wait to hear more about them.

    I went back to school to get my teaching cert a few years ago and I remember feeling the exact same way that you did - at first being a little self conscience about the young-ens, but then realizing that I was there because I knew what wanted to do with life. When I went I went back on my own time and own dime, I aced a majority of my classes and LOVED it. I couldn't believe how smart I actually was!

    Anyway, just wanted to drop a note and say Hi!

    ReplyDelete