Monday, January 19, 2009

It's Been A While...

After Greg's bath, he comes to the living room dressed in pajamas which consist of an army top and bright yellow SpongeBob pants. He curls up on the couch next to me and puts his head in my lap. (He NEVER does this).

I start playing with his dark, silky hair. We turn on the history channel which is doing a segment on past presidents, in order of their terms.

A commercial comes on, then the show resumes.

Greg sits up and says, "How far away is the year 33999?"
I look at him and realize there is no way I can do this math in my head. Then I say, "Thousands of years from now."

He says, "We won't be alive, will we?"
I reply, "No honey, none of us will be here. That's a very long time from now."

He says in the saddest voice I ever heard, "Great. When that car comes out, I won't even be here to see it."

Then I made the connection. The Mercedes SUV STARTS at 33,999 DOLLARS! NOT YEARS! lol

It's been a while since he's said something so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment