Monday, July 28, 2008

Kwaymegate

Ok, I just don't get this. Maybe I should have studied government instead of doing whatever else I was doing.

So how is it that a public official that is voted into office by the PUBLIC can not be "voted" out of office? It is amazing how the story with this thug keeps getting worse and worse. It makes me not even want to visit the city at all. Plus with some of the city council members being roped in to the crap too. Oh and let's talk about the schools and how they are so far in debt that they are facing quite a few closures.

I am sure that a lot of people would disagree with me on this, but I could easily have lived in a different time period. Picture Hill Valley in Back to the Future. Kids could play all over the town and be safe. People were held accountable. People had integrity. And the thing is, that this was the way it was, when most of our parents were growing up.

My parents sometimes talk about living in Detroit and Hazel Park. They talk about how safe it was to walk to Bell Isle to go skating. They talk about shopping up and down Woodward going to Hudsons, and other stores.

Have you been down there lately?? Although I must say that some parts of the city are looking better, I just have to ask... what the hell is wrong with some of the elected officials.

I think they should be "voted" out!

No comments:

Post a Comment