Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Kids Eat Free... assignment to follow

The other day, after back breaking labor in the back yard (at least on Den's part), we decided to take the kids out to dinner. We went to our FAVORITE place... Chili's. We have celebrated everything at Chili's... new apartment, new job, engagement, new house, new baby...etc. Chili's is "our place".

We had a wonderful time as always... until the bill arrived. $45 dollars (not including tip). OMG! Now for some of you high rollers, you are probably wondering what the big deal is. For us, we were floored. Mainly because we had been to Chili's so many times before and don't remember the bill being that astronomical.

Then I realized... if we all had water, we would have saved $12 in beverages. If we would have just shared our Fajitas for two with Greg, (which he ALWAYS eats a fajita), we could have saved an additional $4.99.

This all transpired 2 days ago, and I am still reeling over it. So today while opening the mail, I found coupons for Don Pablos announcing on Sunday's Kids Eat Free. At Da' Francesco's Kids eat free on Mondays.... see where I'm going with this?

Your assignment... Keep an eye open for restaurants that offer "Kids Eat Free" days. Inquring minds want to know. It's either that... Or I have to learn how to cook. :-(

Post away my friends, post away.

5 comments:

  1. I'm shocked at how much places charge for soft drinks & tea. It's a total rip off.

    I like your idea of sharing a meal, for some reason I always forget this an option!

    I'll keep my ears open for KEF (kids eat free) places....do you think Matt could pass for a kid?? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm a pro at kids eat free. Bennigans, Applebees and Buffalo Wild Wings are all places around here that have kids night. The problem for us is that Sam is getting to the age where he doesn't want to order off the kids menu. I am also a Nazi about drinks. 2 bucks a pop for pop is ridiculous. They only get a drink other than water if it is included with their meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What night is it at Buffalo Wild Wings???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is Tuesday or Wednesday. I can't remember - we haven't been there in a while. The one by us also had a strolling magician. Becca loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all about drinking water....I MAY get a soda if there are free refills, if not forget it.

    Mel I will be hitting you up soon for all your info about kids eating free!!!

    And Val I sooooo don't believe that you don't know how to cook. Let them eat cake...I know that is good!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete